Laura Leal-Taixé was born in Barcelona in 1984. She studied Telecommunications Engineering at the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
She went to Boston, USA in 2007 to do her Masters Thesis at Northeastern University with a fellowship from the Vodafone foundation. She worked with Prof. Dana Brooks on computer vision and image processing for medical images, presenting the thesis “Automatic Segmentation of multi-stain histology images of arteries”.
Since 2009, she is working towards her PhD degree at the Institut für Informationsverarbeitung (TNT) of the Leibniz University of Hannover, Germany. Her research interests include multiple target tracking and action recognition and classification. She is working on the HoloVision
and Multiple people tracking
- Multiple object tracking
- Motion analysis and classification
- Network flow linear programming
- Group and crowd analysis
- From January 2012 to November 2012, I visited the Vision Lab at University of Michigan with Prof. Savarese.
- Gerard , Stephan and I designed the new website for the TNT !
- CVPR 2012: The CODE of our multi-view multi-object tracker has been released! Download it here. If you use this code, please cite the corresponding paper
- ICCVW 2011: The CODE of our multiple people tracker based on linear programming and including social and grouping behavior has been released! Download it here. If you use this code, please cite the corresponding paper